What is GLAMCON MNL?
It is the most glamorous community gathering of all make-up and beauty junkies but this year it is made even better through the power of makeup, shapes, colors and sizes and advocates individuality, putting all the best beauty, nail, hair, and skin products into one hub for the ultimate beauty experience open to #everyBEAUTIFULbody and women empowerment.
Glamcon MNL believes that there is no shame in putting on makeup because it is an art and form of expression of one’s creativity. Moreover, Glamcon MNL’s goal is to remind every Filipina that there are no rules when it comes to make-up. We all have the freedom to explore and do experiment with colors, shapes and contour shades.
The Makeup Lounge
Styluxe Salon and Paintbox Artistry have partnered with Glamcon MNL 2018 to give premium ticket holders a real treat- free hair and makeup makeover! The premium makeup lounge is a haven of transformation for Queen and Diva ticket holders, Glamcon goers who want to look their best at Manila’s biggest beauty party!
The #GlamGala Stage
Aside from the opportunity to interact with the biggest and brightest stars of the beauty industry, Glamcon goers are in for a treat all thanks to the makeup gurus strut their stuff on the Glam Gala stage!
Learn about building your very own makeup kit from Ana Victorino in her Makeup 101 talk.
Jessa Godinez, together with Ciracle will be making sure that Glamcon goers know how to take good care of their skin during the Daily Skincare Routine segment.
Raiza Contawi will be combining fashion and makeup as she teaches us how to use makeup to complement our clothes in the Color Wheel segment,
Micah Munoz, Ronan Domingo, James Burn and a few more of our favorite boy friends, together with Corsx, are going to lead the Men’s Skincare segment.
Plum.ph Stacy and Dana Guttierez will show us that beauty knows no shape or size during their panel talk, Beauty on Our Terms.
Ning Tadena will be teaching Glamcon goers life hacks into becoming the best they can in Mindset Makeover: Unlock the Diva.
Isha Borromeo, Joyce Sola, Bing Castro, Kristine Roces, Kris Lumagui and Nina Rayos will be leading the Power of Makeup panel talk.
Host Say Tioco will make sure that the fun never stops through games in between each segment.
Riot Logic, Bea Lorenzo, Leanne and Naara, Coeli Haru, and Ysanygo will also be present to serenade Glamcon goers.
Glamcon goers are set to lean from the best as the Glam Gurus teach some of their very own tips and tricks in glamming it up with makeup. The #GlamSchool is especially created to serve as a one-day makeup boot camp for everyone who wants to amp up their makeup game.
Ning Tadena will be showing everyone how to achieve that natural looking no-makeup look every girl needs to learn in the Bare Necessities segment.
Experience the magic of contour and highlight with Paintbox Artistry at the Makeup Plus segment.
Show off your proud morena skin in the Bronzed Babe tutorial with Paprika Cosmetics.
Learn all the eye makeup essentials from brows, to eyeliner, to blending your eyeshadow in the All About Eyes segment with Michelle Dy.
Stand out from the crown with Hollywood Starlet makeup tutorial again with Paintbox Artistry. Show off your sexy side with the Valentine Vixen tutorial and strut your glam self with the Boss Lady tutorial to be led by Anne Clutz.
Make-up and Beauty Goodies?
Glamcon MNL 2018 goers won;t be leaving the gathering empty handed as leading makeup, skin, hair, and nail care brands join Manila’s biggest beauty party.
Get top-notch makeovers from Styluxe Salon and Makeup Studio. Add more colors to your look with Paprika Cosmetics‘ beautiful eyeshadows. Salon Vitales hair and makeup experts are going to make sure everyone is looking glam. While local skin care brand iWhite is sure to bring the best skincare products for the beautiful Filipina skin.
EssLiv will make sure that Glamcon MNL goers get only the best skincare products by bringing one of Korea’s top skin care brand, Ciracle. Makeup Revolution will also make sure that our makeup looks are a hundred percent on point.
VMV Hypoallergenics is going to bring high-quality skincare products for all skin types.
Meanwhile, the Skincare Curator will be bringing Cosrx and Neogen to the makeup table.
Colourette Cosmetics will be showering participants with their fabulous lipstick shades. Inglot will also be making sure that attendees go home with something that would make them look on point on other special days after Glamcon.
A little lipsticks and a swipe of mascara never hurt anyone, even though every girl know that beauty is found within us. It does not matter whether you prefer a no-makeup makeup look or a full of glam wear your look loud and proud!
See you at Glamcon MNL 2018 happening on January 21, 2018 at SMX Convention Center Aura. For tickets, just go to http://www.glamconmnl.com!
WHAT IS ALTHEA KOREA?
It is the world’s largest online Korean beauty store with the lowest prices shipped directly from Korea. With Althea Korea, shopping became very simple because in their website everything is categorized into skincare, makeup, hair & body, Korea’s trendy and their best sellers and hot deals. Other than that, all their products are 100% authentic and you can even score your favorite Korean make-up at a very low price because almost everything is on sale and others are cheaper than local prices.
As for the shipping, as long as you have purchased PHP999 and above it’s already marked as FREE SHIPPING and they also have cash on delivery method of payment if you don’t have any cards or you wanna make sure that the items will arrive first before you pay. International shipping takes 10-15 days as says in their website however I have to commend Althea Korea because it took only 5 days for my box to arrive from the time I ordered it. They also have this 30 day returns policy wherein you can ask for replacement or return the item if you are not satisfied or there’s a damage on the items you ordered but in my experience I’ve never done returning the products or ask for replacement because the items where securely packed with bubble wrap.
It’s a light weight loose powder which gives a silky finish made with pure, natural ingredients. One of the main ingredients is Althea flower extracts.
Based on Althea’s website, it is made with micro-fine particles that minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines to reveal a flawless petal-like complexion. Its translucent and perfecting qualities also create a satin finish that mattifies without dehydrating the skin.
- Make-up setting and long wearing
- Micro-fine particles and soft, smooth texture
- Natural and cruelty free ingredients
- Sebum control and pore blurring – 100% pure silica has excellent oil-absorbing properties for long-lating excess Sebum-control.
- Packaging – very feminine.
- Scent – Thumbs up!!!!! Just mild floral scent.
- Product itself – Light and handy. This is already the powder I am using for my go to make-up because it has glowing effect and easily blur my pores and yeah the price is reasonable. Worth buying!!!!
How about you, would you like to try Althea’s Petal Velvet Powder? Let me know in the comments section below.
A month ago, Nivea had a collaboration with me and sent me their best sellers which comes in three product lines such as for anti-age, whitening and make-up remover. I really didn’t had any second thoughts accepting the collaboration because Nivea is one of my favorite beauty brands. Why? Most Nivea products are budget friendly, works well with my skin and the reviews are really good.
- Cellular Anti-Age Range – stimulates the skin’s cells for firmer, contoured, and younger looking skin.
1. Cellular Anti-Age Volume Filling Pearls – formulated for advanced cell renewal with highly concentrated Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen Booster and Creatine, each pearls and moisturizing gel stimulate skin’s own collagen production and cell regeneration.
KEY BENEFIT: Firmer, re-contoured skin Visible improvement in fine lines and wrinkles.
PRICE: PHP 1,299.00
2. Cellular Anti-Age Cell Renewal Day Care SPF15 – Wonderfully velvety cream with concentrated Hyaluronic Acid melts into your skin, providing it with intense moisture even on deeper cell levels and Collagen Boosters to refill skin’s lost collagen.
KEY BENEFIT: Deeply moisturized, firmer, younger-looking skin.
PRICE: PHP 599.00
3. Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Facial Night Care – rich texture with nourishing formulation of Hyaluronic Acid and Magnolia Extract melts into the skin and is quickly absorbed. Skin is immediately left feeling smooth and hydrated.
KEY BENEFIT: Supports skin regeneration at night for a deeply moisturized, firmer, younger-looking skin.
PRICE: PHP 599.00
4. Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Serum – formulated for advanced cell renewal with concentrated Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Extract, Q10 and Creatine, the caressing texture replenishes the skin with intense moisture. It reduces wrinkles, boosts skin surface renewal, leaving skin smooth and silky.
KEY BENEFIT: Reduces wrinkles and fine lines Intensely moisturized, firmer, younger-looking skin.
PRICE: PHP 999.00
5. Cellular Anti-Age Eye Cream – reignites skin’s youthful look by helping reduce fine lines and wrinkles, increase firmness and improve skin renewal. The light-weight formulation is especially designed for the delicate skin around the eyes.
KEY BENEFIT: Reduce fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
PRICE: Free perfect for bundles
- Double Eye Make-Up Remover – effectively removes even extreme waterproof eye make-up and is gentle to the eyes.
1. Double Eye Make-Up Remover – special bi-phase formula with highly effective cleansing oils. Developed to remove even waterproof eye make-up. No rubbing needed. Formula hydrates and protects the delicate eye area. Additional talk point only for the YT product review: “actually it also works well for the whole face”.
KEY BENEFIT: Effectively removes even extreme waterproof makeup. Gentle even for sensitive eye area.
PRICE: PHP 249.00
- Extra White Repair Range – provides deep cleansing and pore minimizing properties, with 10x more whitening than vitamin C.
1. Extra White Pore Minimizing Repair Foam – cleanses away impurities and residues that cause dullness and enlarged pores without thinning the skin, for regular daily use. Contains Vitamin C, Licorice Extracts, and Pearl Whitening Complex (Rucinol) – to give 10x better whitening effect and repair dull, damaged skin.
KEY BENEFIT: Deep Cleansing; ; Evens out skin tone so it looks clean and bright; Minimizes Pores.
PRICE: Php 154.00 (100g) & Php 99.00 (50 g)
2. Extra White Pore Minimizing Repair Scrub – Exfoliates the skin with non-abrasive micro-beads to remove impurities and prevent dullness and large pores, for use up to three times a week. Contains Pearl Whitening Complex (Rucinol) and 10 skin nutrients – to give 10x better whitening effect and repair dull, damaged skin. Skin compatibility dermatologically proven.
KEY BENEFIT: Exfoliates; Evens out skin tone so it looks clean and bright; Visibly radiant dewy skin.
PRICE: PHP 159.00 (100g) & PHP 99.00 (50g)
3. Extra White Pore Minimizing Repair Toner – Tones skin deeply to remove excess residues and revitalizes skin using 10 skin nutrients to repair dullness and damage, without thinning the skin. Contains Vitamin C, Licorice Extracts, and Pearl Whitening Complex (Rucinol) – to give 10x better whitening effect and repair dull, damaged skin. No AHA/BHA which can cause skin redness, irritations, burning and flaking.
KEY BENEFIT: Tones; Repairs dull damaged skin; evens out skin tone so it looks clean and bright
PRICE: PHP 184.00
- Cellular Anti-Age Volume Filling Pearls – I really love the pearls and do look cool. It absorbed quickly into my skin with a smooth feeling afterwards. Thumbs up on this product!
- Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Facial Night Care – I love the fragrance and I don’t need to put too much of the product because it is so smooth that it spreads well.
- Cellular Anti-Age Eye Cream – It’s creamy and feels good on my under eye.
- Double Eye Make-Up Remover – THIS IS MY FAVORITE!!!!! Swear, it removes everything!!! DOUBLE THUMBS UP!
- Extra White Pore Minimizing Repair Foam – Spreads easily and lathers well.
- Extra White Pore Minimizing Repair Scrub – With just a pea-sized amount of the product, it is already good enough to create rich foam. You can really save money on this product.
Shopping for the best beauty and health products just got even more exciting and satisfying as Watsons, Asia’s leading health and beauty retailer, launched its “Members Get More” campaign last Tuesday, April 25 at Watsons’ Store, Uptown Mall, Taguig City.
Everyone in the event were treated to a one-of-a-kind shopping experience and here’s what I got:
- Morocco Argan Conditioner
- Buy 1 Take 1 Hand Wash
- Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner
With this “Members Get More” campaign, shoppers can get more savings, more points and more value in more than 500 Watsons stores nationwide. Aside from that they can also get an exclusive freebies and easily join the eRaffle promotions such as the recent Make Your Summer Promo wherein the price is a trip to four to any of 5 local summer destinations. Such a great campaign right?
For those who are not yet SM Advantage card members, they can avail of the SMAC membership at any Watsons store nationwide to start enjoying the Members Get More program.
Dress: SM Woman
Heels: Banana Republic
L’Oréal Brandstorm is L’Oréal’s signature global innovation competition for students that started in 1992. Brandstorm is one of the largest student competitions in the world. Locally, L’Oréal Philippines has mounted the annual business competition since 2009. But more than a talent-spotting tool, Brandstorm is an incubator for innovative projects and young talents—honing them to become one of the best in the marketing field and bringing their ideas to life.
This year, L’Oréal Brandstorm embraces diversity by going nationwide. From the usual pool of three schools all centered in Metro Manila, Brandstorm 2017 is now open to three times more schools all over the country totaling to over 17 partner colleges and universities. This makes the competition open to diverse groups of students, regardless of course, degree or level.
L-R: L’Oreal Philippines Human Resources Directo Tina Ampil, Team Maxim’s Mentor Tessa Albaña, Team Maxim’s Herna Alpha Tiagan, Genevieve Millan and Jasper Dioco; and L’Oreal Philippines Managing Director Thibault de Saint Victor.
Faced with a battle of skill and talent to create the most innovate new product and integrated marketing campaign against over 400 hundred teams from across the country, Team Maxim from the University of the Philippines Visayas snagged the first place which was held at the L’Oréal Academie last April 18, Tuesday. Team Hustle from Ateneo de Manila University came in a close second, followed by Team Champs from University of the Philippines Diliman in third place. This year’s National Winners take home a P50,000 in cash, P20,000 worth of products for their mentor Tessa Albaña, and P3,000 worth of products for the team. They move onto the L’Oreal Brandstorm Asia-Pacific Regional Finals on May 5.
Winning the National Finals is just half the winning team’s Brandstorm journey as they represent the Philippines at the Asia-Pacific Regional Finals in May, and hopefully move on to the international competition in June in Paris, France. Beyond competing with teams all over the world for the coveted title of Brandstorm International Champions and a cash prize of 10,000 Euros, the International Finals will be an avenue for the students to immerse themselves in L’Oréal’s culture right where it begins – at the L’Oréal Headquarters. At the International Finals, an innovation fair will also be hosted by L’Oréal to give both students and professors a chance to exchange ideas with all the teams coming in from across the globe.
Five other student teams also saw action in the April 18 National Finals: Team L’OLreal and Team Y3 from the University of the Philippines Diliman , Team iWill from San Beda College – Mendiola, Team 16°C from Saint Louis University Baguio, and Team Stormbusters from University of the Philippines Visayas.
Now on its 25th year, L’Oreal Brandstorm is the Company’s signature innovation competition that gives students across the world the opportunity become innovation leaders.
With this year’s partner brand, L’Oréal Men Expert, the World’s No. 1 Skincare Brand for Men, this year’s young fire starters were challenged to recruit millennial men through a new product and breakthrough service that leveraged digital solutions and connected technologies. From the field of 421 teams, eight Finalists were chosen to battle it out and present their groundbreaking pitches on disrupting the men’s grooming industry.
From 421 teams joining the competition, the 8 finalists comprised of 3 teams from the University of the Philippines Diliman, 2 teams from the University of the Philippines Visayas, and one team each from Ateneo de Manila University, San Beda College – Mendiola and Saint Louis University battled it out and presented their groundbreaking pitches on disrupting the men’s grooming industry.
“We did not expect this and it’s like all our hard work just paid off. We really wanted to show what we can do. Coming to Manila and as one of the Top 8 was already a really amazing experience, and winning this competition is more than we had ever hoped,” explains Team Maxim’s Genevieve Millan.
The team’s winning idea focused on giving men more time and more confidence through a liquor-inspired product line which responded to consumer insights. With four innovative products introduced to the market in various channels such as event activations, social media engagement, and mobile application integration, the team presented an integrated marketing campaign that the judges felt best responded to what millennial men need ‘to stay ahead of the game’ while staying true to the spirit of L’Oréal Men Expert.
“Brandstorm is more than just an instrument to spot young talents. It’s also a great avenue to incubate ideas of young talents who can be future leaders of the beauty business,” shared Jake Bustos, Brandstorm Project Manager and Campus Manager of L’Oreal Philippines. “This year, Brandstorm Philippines expanded its reach to partner over 20 schools, securing registrations of over 1,520 student players. This year’s Brandstorm competition in the Philippines is the biggest in Southeast Asia to date.”
Get updates on L’Oréal Brandstorm and Team Maxim’s journey to Paris – through www.facebook.com/LOrealTalentPhilippines.
For more information, visit www.loreal.com.ph.
There’s nothing like Easter to remind everyone that summer is finally here. It’s an occasion defined by sunny days outdoors, beautiful pastel hues, bonding with family and friends, and of course, Easter egg hunts.
To make sure your hands and feet are perfectly Instagram-worthy for the occasion, head over to Nailaholics where you can enjoy some much needed “me time” and take part in the premier urban nail salon’s first national Easter egg hunt.
Dubbed #NailaholicsEasterHoliday, watch out for announcements on Nailaholics Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest beginning April 9 to 15, inviting the entire country to take part in a national hunt for key prizes hidden in each branch.
Lucky hunters who manage to find prize eggs can get a FREE manicure, FREE pedicure, or FREE pedicure and foot spa—all with themed Easter nail art. Just be sure to post your photos with the eggs and post it on social media and tag Nailaholics.
It’s a unique and memorable way to celebrate this holiday. So be sure to visit your nearest Nailaholics branch to celebrate the occasion in true pampered bliss.
Did you know that crayons can now be used on your lips? Well, almost! Clinique and Crayola partnered up to bring you Clinique’s Chubby Sticks; if you have fond memories of playing with Crayola sticks when you were younger, then for sure you’re going to love this Crayola inspired collection by Clinique.
Friday, March 24, the Clinique x Crayola event was held at U.P Town Center Activity area, and it was filled with fun activities such as free popcorn, customized cotton candy, first hand experience with brand’s newest collection, a photobooth area, and — to bring in the nostalgia — coloring area. But the main highlight was the day-to-night make-up workshop from celebrity make-up artist Paolo Maranan who used the Crayola Chubby Sticks to create summer-ready looks.
This product is made with nourishing ingredients that leave your lips plump and moisturized! And did I mention that the new shades were actually colour matched to perfection in order to resemble the actual shades from Crayola?
Just check out the amazing range of colours!
7 Shades from the Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colours:
Tickle Me Pink
3 Shades for the Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm:
Get a glimpse of the event highlights by checking out my vlog below!
The Clinique Crayola Collection is now available at all Clinique counters in the Philippines.
Follow them on: