Saturday, February 25 at Hotel Benilde Maison De La Salle when Slam Event Production organized a Basic Make Up Workshop with the beauty youtuber, Raiza Contawi. The workshop tackled topics such as basic skin care, personal makeup applications, effortless makeup transition from day to night look, basic highlighting and contouring and of course how to pick the right products for your skin type.
Registration started at exactly 10 AM and upon registering you will receive a welcome loot bag which includes a beauty blender, nail polish, moisturizer from Jergens, lipgloss from Careline, Biore’s cleanser and Cure’s Natural Aqua Gel. Aside from the loot bag, bingo cards were given also wherein we have to go every booth and familiarized ourselves with their products to have the people on the booth sign our cards. As soon as we get to complete all the needed signs, our bingo cards are now included for the raffle after the workshop and luckily I won a minor prize c/o Ever Bilena.
To name the concessionaires who are on the event are:
Vanilla Pop Clothing
Luv the Bag
Passionate Pinay Crafter
Totoo pala ang Pag-ibig
Biore, Tag77 / Tag Cash and Mary Kay
At exactly 11 AM, Raiza Contawi started her talk. Of course, I will share on this blog what I Ms. Raiza discussed on her workshop.
- Start with makeup remover
- Facial Cleanser
- For dry skin, use a face oil
- For oily skin, use an oil free moisturizer such as Neutrogena brand
- Sun Screen
- Moisturizer. Apply very thinly before primer. You can apply using finger or by using a flat foundation brush.
- Primer. Apply all over the face with fingers or brush to make your foundation last for hours.
- Foundation. With your beauty blender, pat it flat on your face starting from the center going outwards. Find a base designed for your skin type such as oily skin, combination skin and dry skin.
- For oily skin, look for words like “oil-control” or “oil-free. If your skin is extremely shiy, you may need one containing oil-absorbing powders.
- If you have combination skin, either you can try a moisturizing foundation if mostly dry and if not go with an oil-free.
- Contour and Highlighting.
- Setting with Powder. Using a brush or powder puff, pat it over your foundation to set it and to absorb excess oil.
- Brows. Remember to groom the brows first. Fill in the the brows with an angled brush and spoolie, and apply brow mascara to set the brows in place.
- Eyes. The safest colors are the brown tones. Stick to a light/champagne shade, medium brown, dark brown or black as your everyday colors.
- Eyeliner. When applying the eyeliner, make sure to apply it as close to the lash line as possible. Do not forget to apply the inner water line as well. Set it with a matte black eye shadow.
- Mascara. Wiggle the wand while applying mascara. It is also important to apply mascara after applying false eyelashes. Make sure to apply both on upper and lower lashes.
- Blush. Smile and pat it on the apple of your cheeks. Tap off excess product when applying blush. Use a blush brush.
- Lipstick. Make sure to apply a shade that’s complementary to your skin tone. Choose warm shades if in doubt.
- Setting Sprays. Spray twice with an X direction across the face to set your makeup in place.
- Foundation brush
- Powder brush
- Blush brush
- Contour/angled brush
- Angled brush for the brows
- Crease brush
- Blending brush
- Large flat eyeshadow brush
- Medium flat eyeshadow brush
- Small flat eyeshadow brush
- Eyeliner brush
- Lip brush
- Makeup spatula
- Lash curler
Aside from Raiza doing the makeup tutorial, attendees and I were given the chance to try to do our makeup applying Raiza’s steps, tips and techniques. I guess that was the most fun activity during the whole day workshop.
Over-all, this workshop is definitely a good experience especially for those who haven’t had formal makeup lessons and the price aren’t bad at all. Congrats SLAM Event Productions!
If you’re interested to attend the upcoming workshops of SLAM Event Production,you may reach them at:
For inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Sales and Marketing: SaraleeA@slameventproduction.com
Snapchat Code: slameventprod